There are trillions of live beneficial bacteria in the human gastrointestinal (GI) tract, known as the gut microflora. They play an essential role in supporting and maintaining strong immune and digestive systems, so it’s important to have the optimum balance of these beneficial bacteria. Bio-Kult live bacteria capsules are researched and formulated by Probiotics International Ltd and are manufactured in the UK to the highest standards.
- Cellulose (bulking agent)
- Probiotic Strains (see below)
- Vegetable Capsule (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose)
- Bacillus subtilis PXN 21
- Bifidobacterium bifidum PXN 23
- Bifidobacterium breve PXN 25
- Bifidobacterium infantis PXN 27
- Bifidobacterium longum PXN 30
- Lactobacillus acidophilus PXN 35
- Lactobacillus delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus PXN 39
- Lactobacillus casei PXN 37
- Lactobacillus plantarum PXN 47
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus PXN 54
- Lactobacillus helveticus PXN 45
- Lactobacillus salivarius PXN 57
- Lactococcus lactis ssp. lactis PXN 63
- Streptococcus thermophilus PXN 66
Each capsule contains:
- Minimum 2 billion probiotic microorganisms per capsule (2×109 CFU/capsule), equivalent to 10 billion live microorganisms per gram (1×1010 CFU/gram)
- Store in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight
- Can be stored at room temperature without the need for refrigeration
- Total viable count guaranteed to the end of the 2-year shelf life
Directions for use*:
- 1 – 2 capsules once or twice daily with food. If taking two or more capsules daily, you may wish to split the dose between two meals.
- Bio-Kult capsules can be pulled apart and the contents sprinkled on to food, mixed in a drink or swallowed whole.
If you are taking antibiotics:
- Take 4 capsules daily, ideally at a different time of the day from the antibiotics.
- Continue taking for at least 2 weeks after completion of the antibiotic course
- 2 weeks before travel follow guidelines for general use.
- During travel take 4 capsules daily.
- Continue to take for at least 2 weeks following the end of travel
- Children under 12 – half adult dose.
* Or as recommended by your doctor or healthcare practitioner