Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride states the nutritional status of prospective parents is one of the most important factors in producing healthy offspring.
Pregnancy is such a critical time for the health of the mother, we would recommend getting Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride’s book “Gut and Psychology Syndrome” and read it before, during and even after the pregnancy.
In this book, she discusses planning for a new baby, both pre-conception and pregnancy. She also addresses, once the baby has arrived, breastfeeding, mastitis, and how to start introducing solid foods when the baby is ready.
Once the pregnancy begins, the mother must continue with her healthy GAPS diet and eat what she craves of clean, fresh: meat, eggs, fish, dairy, and spices. In other words, a lot of fat and protein to build a strong healthy baby. The father does not have to, but if he does, he will be in a much better state (physically and mentally) to support his wife throughout the pregnancy and childbirth.
If there are no serious digestive problems present, heartburn, constipation, bloating, allergies, chronic fatigue, lethargy, depression or any other typical GAPS symptoms in the partners, then we recommend following the full GAPS diet for 4-5 months prior to conception. If there is pronounced GAP Syndrome in any of the parents, particularly in the mother, follow the whole GAPS nutritional protocol until you are much healthier and feel that you are ready to conceive and go through pregnancy.
If you are already pregnant go straight into the Full GAPS Diet, and eat what you crave of clean grass-fed meat – especially red meat, pastured organic eggs, wild fish, raw dairy, and organic spices. However, read carefully the section on the Introduction Diet and follow the recommendations for introducing fermented foods, as they need to be introduced gradually (if you never had them before).
Overall good nutrition, especially pre-biotic and probiotic digestive support (gut reconditioning), during pregnancy, can prevent a lifetime of mental & health problems for your child!
- Make sure to take your personalized supplements every day! (See the Prenatal Supplement Protocol below) This will make sure that baby is getting the full spectrum of everything he/she needs to grow perfectly. Phosfood Liquid is magical for morning sickness/nausea but does not take it in the 3rd trimester as too much phosphorus, other than what your body naturally makes in the 3rd trimester, can cause demineralization of calcium (bind it up), which could hurt bone regeneration. The 1st trimester is when most women are lacking in phosphorus. Mornings only – Put 2 full droppers in a small glass of water and just shoot it down. There is practically no aftertaste, and it will give you the energy you are lacking in the 1st trimester.
- Religiously avoid all processed foods (anything from a box, bag, or can), soft drinks, refined sugar, and food additives. About 85% of everything you eat on a daily basis should be savory – made out of fresh meats, fish, pastured eggs, good quality dairy, spices, and natural fats such as butter and cream. Well-cooked ORGANIC vegetables can gently cleanse you, but know, vegetables are only cleansers, they cannot help you build that beautiful baby. For that, you need proteins and fats. Recent studies have shown being within 2000 meters of pesticide spraying can raise your baby’s chance of autism by 50%. Eating pesticide-laden vegetables will raise it 16% – 20%. Always, always eat organic foods. Be VERY careful at restaurants you don’t eat the non-organic vegetables – and they almost always are not organic.
- Sweet things: baking (with nut flours/sprouted grains and dried fruit), honey, and fruit should be limited to snacks between meals.
- Pay particular attention to the fats you consume, as they are the main agents that balance our reproductive hormones. Consume only natural animal fats (butter, cream, and fats on meats), cold-pressed good quality olive oil, or coconut oil; consume more fats than usual as your baby will need that very much. Eat soups made from GAPS meat stock/bone broth as much as you can. Take good quality cod liver oil at a maintenance level. Don’t forget to eat wild fish (not farmed) on a weekly basis.
- Introduce fermented foods/probiotics gradually. Fermented foods are not optional, particularly in pregnancy! They will ensure proper digestion and absorption of nutrients, provide your baby with B vitamins, vitamin K and many other benefits.
- Try to find raw organic dairy products from a local farm: the nutritional value of raw milk, butter, yogurt, cheese, and cream can never be compared to their commercial pasteurized processed counterparts.
- Eat liver and other organ meats regularly. The liver is the richest source of folic acid (not to mention many other nutrients). If you can’t eat liver, take it in a supplement such as Cataplex B.
- Dr. Campbell-McBride recommends preparing the birth canal for birth by populating it with beneficial bacteria. To do that, apply live whole milk yogurt or kefir – plain flavored and not “low-fat” — on your genital area after your shower or bath, particularly in the last trimester. Also, apply kefir or yogurt on your breasts and armpits. And the last 1-2 weeks before birth and after, supplement heavily with probiotics to populate your birth canal with healthy bacteria.
- About 2 weeks before birth and especially the day or the day before birth, insert 1-2 capsules of Bio-Kult in the vagina at bedtime. Also give your partner BioKult or ProSynbiotic daily, as his flora will be inside you when your baby comes through the birth canal.
- Mary’s Milkshake is recommended daily during the entire pregnancy. It has the perfect food for building the baby’s body and keeping your own body replenished and healthy. Remember, the baby will take what it needs from your body so you need to replenish the healing nutrients to keep mama healthy. Have you heard the saying, “Have a baby, lose a tooth”? Well, drinking Mary’s Milkshake every day will protect you from losing a tooth and having other problems from leg cramps to depression. Make SURE you get very fresh healthy eggs from pastured, organically raised chicken.
- We highly recommend – yoga, meditation & kegel exercises daily to get ready for birth & baby.
- Consider using a Midwife and a Doula! We also recommend finding a lovely birthing center with big tubs to labor in! So nice. Hopefully close to a hospital, just in case the birth plan doesn’t go as intended.
- Books: Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth, Birthing from Within, Hypnobirthing: The Mongan Method, The Nourishing Traditions Book of Baby & ChildCare, Nourishing Broth: An Old-Fashioned Remedy for the Modern World.
- Listen to our Forbidden Doctor Podcast: #133 The Only Vaccine Guide a New Parent Will Ever Need. J.B. Handley, Jr. But these podcasts would be extremely helpful also: #8, #12, #34-35-36, #56, #56, #58, #109-110, #123, #125, and #138.
- Visit EarthMamaOrganics.com for all kinds of wonderful support from how to create a birth plan to herbal teas, Perineal Balm, Belly Oil, Nipple Butter, etc. I especially loved the “MilkMaid Tea” during breastfeeding time.
Remember to take our Forbidden Doctor’s Prenatal protocol every single day. You are just not able to get all the nutrition that your body and your baby need. Please follow it. Just supplementing with iodine (which is in Ageless Thyroid) can raise your baby’s IQ 15-20 points higher than the parents!
And don’t forget to relax. Not to spoil the ending for you, but everything’s going to work out beautifully.
Dr. Jack and Mary Stockwell
Pregnancy (Nutrition throughout) ProtocolTake The Symptom Survey
Pregnancy (Nutrition throughout)
Daily Health Pack, 1 packet a day. Whole-Food Multivitamin pack, with Trace Minerals and Tuna Omega-3 oils – critical for momma and baby! This contains a raw food, COLD PROCESSED multivitamin, and trace mineral product with enzymes -concentrated from whole food. Supports the entire body of a developing baby.
Folic Acid-B12, 4-6/day. Works to prevent birth defects of the central nervous system, nerve degeneration, pernicious anemia, and helps strengthen red blood cells. Supports the important processes of DNA formation and genetic replication. Helps anemia & nerve degeneration. One of the most important functions in the prevention of neural tube defects (Spina Bifida).
Ageless Thyroid, 3/day, start slowly. Hormonal support with iodine is critical for a baby’s brain. According to Jorge D. Flechas, M.D., iodine while taken in pregnancy, can raise the baby’s IQ 15-20 pts higher than the parents.
Wheat Germ Oil, 3-6 pearls a day. Whole food Vitamin E to feed and develop the circulatory system. Anti-miscarriage. Also helps with tissue repair, hormone support, viral infection support, cardiovascular support & overall healing.
Calcium Lactate tablets, 3 in AM, 3 before bed. Easily assimilated calcium with magnesium. Helps with insomnia, cramps, constipation, canker sores, infections, fevers, during pregnancy, and for soft tissue repair or hemorrhage.
Protefood, 1 in am/1 in pm. 8 ESSENTIAL amino acids – the basic building blocks of life.
Cataplex A-C-P, 6-12/day. This is whole-food vitamins A, C, and the P factor that works with Protefood to create very strong collagenous fibers. These vitamins are very critical for the development of your baby.
Black Current Seed oil, 3/day. Very bioavailable fatty acid. Overall hormone & immune support. Helps with cramping.
Zymex wafers or Zymex capsules, 4/day. Prebiotic for candida or yeast infections – Gut flora & GI tract support. Helps significantly with sugar/carb cravings! These incredible wafers eat the food that candida wants and slowly starves them out. This is a foundational gut product. It changes the terrain of the gut so your own innate healthy flora can thrive.
Lactic Acid Yeast wafers, 4/day. Very critical colon support. Foundational gut microbiome support. Constipation, bloating, gas, and bad breath. Supports GI tract health & intestinal flora & improves protein, carb & mineral assimilation.
LongLife Energy Enzymes, 2 in AM, 2 before bed. Promotes proper sugar handling by the mother during fetal development. Pancreatic and gestational diabetes support. Also helps with Heartburn.
ProSynbiotic or BioKult, 3 in AM on empty stomach, 3 before bed – Preferably both on an empty stomach. Especially important the week before the birth of your baby! Supports Healthy Gut Flora and all health starts in the gut! Improves nutrient digestion & absorption. Supports bowel movement regularity. Immune support, etc. Is especially important for the baby’s microbiome implantation.
Linum B6, 3 in AM, 3 before bed. Flax Oil for dry skin, hair loss, relief from constipation (chew 6 pearls in AM). Thickens and strengthens hair and nails.
Zypan, 3-4 after EVERY meal! Take one hour after eating. Heartburn relief! Most important for digesting proteins! Helps with smelly gas and bloating.
Cholacol or Betafood, 3 with meals. If you have a hard time breaking down fats (you burp them up after eating) Or have nausea, or light-colored stools, or gallbladder problems or stones, you need the bile salts of Cholocol, or the bile thining aspects of Betafood. This can be a life-saver in pregnancy.
Cataplex F, 6/day. Resolves “Charly Horse” cramps, dry skin, sun poisoning, heart palpitations. Essential fatty acids needed for the nerve development of your baby. Take this if you don’t eat fish during your pregnancy.
Cataplex B and Cataplex G, 6/day. Whole food Vitamin B for energy, anemia, muscle tonicity, and depression and anxiety. Vitamin G for nerves, hypertension, liver, stress, depression, hyperactivity, and nerve regeneration.
Ferrofood, 1/day. A whole-food iron supplement that will not constipate you! Use this instead of the doctor recommended iron supplement.
Questions about this protocol? Why not ask Dr. Jack and Mary directly? They will respond to patient texts at 801-556-1477 and emails to firstname.lastname@example.org. There are no “dumb questions” and you can expect absolute discretion and privacy.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BULLETS BEFORE USING THIS PROTOCOL
- The protocol above is designed to address your issues at the foundational level, and not to treat disease. This means, in our opinion, most of our health problems, short of accident or trauma, are of a dietary nutritional deficiency. The listed protocol or supplement provides your body with essential micro and macronutrients to help and assist normal nutritional balance.
- Daily dosages are in ( ) parenthesis for most protocols; for example (6) means take 6 per day, but spread it out by taking half in the morning and a half in the evening. Some protocols will have more specific instructions to follow.
- MediHerb products, shown in italics, often speed healing response and should be considered for most protocols unless contraindicated.
- We recommend adding the General Health Daily Fundamentals pack to each protocol. This adds to the critical foundational nutrition each protocol needs. It contains Catalyn––an entirely whole-food and glandular broad-spectrum multivitamin, Trace Minerals-B12, and Tuna Omega-3 pearls for your DHA and EPA omega 3 fatty acids daily requirements.
- Spacing out the daily doses throughout the day improves absorption and is strongly recommended.
- Most supplements should be taken with food except for PMG’s, most calcium products, Gastrex, Chlorophyll Complex™, Okra Pepsin E3, Cholocol II, and Zymex II. Also, most herbs work more efficiently if taken away from food.
- Be advised that these nutritional and herbal products are not intended as primary therapy for any disease, but rather to provide nutritional and herbal support to help normalize body physiology and repair.
Nothing presented on this website should be accepted or believed. That is because the FDA does not agree with or approve of any of it. Nor has the FDA evaluated anything written here.
This website is not literature, nor shall it be interpreted as such by anyone. In accordance with the right of freedom of the press guaranteed to us by the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, this website was created for informational purposes only.
The products mentioned in our podcasts and/or protocols on this website are not intended to take the place of medical care that you can get from a licensed medical physician. They are intended as nutritional support to help support the structure and function of your body and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or even prevent any disease. It is provided as nutritional information to support your body.
This website is not intended to provide medical advice and nothing in it should be construed as a therapeutic recommendation or prescription for treating any disease or symptom; they are provided for nutritional support only. No person should attempt self-diagnosis of a disease or self-treatment of any kind but use these protocols for nutritional support only, and they should not discontinue any medication or therapy or make any health-related decisions without the advice of a licensed medical physician.
Dr. E. Jackson & Mary H. Stockwell, CGP, or any person employed by The Forbidden Doctor, LLC, or Dr. Jack Stockwell and Associates, LLC, disclaim any liability, loss, or risk incurred, directly or indirectly, as a result of implementing the protocols for nutritional support on this website.
Each person interested in a diagnosis should obtain a medical exam from a licensed medical doctor. In the said exam, the medical doctor can tell you if you are healthy enough to eat whole food and rebuild your body. Seriously. Rebuilding, excretion, and detoxifying can be rough.
AND IF THAT WASN’T ENOUGH:
Protocols, podcasts, recordings, charts, testimonials, documents, downloads, contained within this website are presented for informational purposes only, and are not meant to be a substitute for professional medical care or attention by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Always check with your doctor if you have any questions or concerns about your condition or before starting a new program of treatment. We at The Forbidden Doctor, LLC, (FD) cannot provide specific nutritional support or nutritional advice to individuals about their medical condition unless they have been evaluated in our clinic or through our virtual office. Forbidden Doctor is not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any form of damages whatsoever resulting from the use (or misuse) of information contained in or implied by any podcast or document included in this website.
We have attempted to choose links to sites that we believe offer quality material and information. However, we do not endorse nor are we responsible for the material you find on other sites.
Any case reports, testimonials, documents, handouts, or protocols, described on this website, in articles, or on podcasts do not constitute guarantees of similar outcomes for current or future patients.
Users of this website are free to copy documents for personal use or to place hyperlinks to this website in their own documents and websites, although materials presented on these pages are copyrighted by the authors. These materials may not be sold or redistributed for profit, such as a multilevel or direct sales company, or any other “brick and mortar” for-profit business, without express written permission from Dr. E. Jackson or Mary H. Stockwell. This includes, but is not limited to, translations into foreign languages, mass archival as on a CD-ROM, and/or inclusion in commercially published compilations or for-profit (books).