Why You Should Listen:
Diets are an important part of our self-improvement process. We go on diets to feel better, to loose weight, to get healthier, to balance out our body and in general to have control over our lives. It’s important.
The low-carb diet has been trending for a while now, leading many to go “all-in” and neglect a few important parts of their daily nutrition. But if we put all the cards on the table – can we be sure low-carb is anything more than a shortcut to loosing weight? Is it even good for us, to cut out some or all carbs out of our diet?
Tune in as we break down the science behind carbs and their intake, as well as give you a healthy version of the well-loved low-carb diet. No need to go “all-in” or revolutionize your kitchen, surely not during the holiday season – just one baby step at a time that’ll make you loose weight and feel great!
What You Will Hear:
- [00:02:15] The definition of carbs and their role in our nutrition
- [00:06:43] How come low-carb diets are so popular
- [00:07:08] Most common mistake people make when going low-carb
- [00:08:13] Health hazards behind low-carb diets
- [00:11:20] The RIGHT & HEALTHY way to go low-carb
- [00:13:45] What happens once we eat carbs
- [00:15:38] What happens when you eat carbs and fats together
- [00:17:36] Is it better to eat carbs by themselves, worst comes to worst?
- [00:18:26] Why are carbs such a fundamental part of our diet
- [00:19:10] CARBS=DRUGS?!
- [00:24:00] If you stop eating carbs – will your body suffer?
- [00:24:40] The benefits of eating low-crab
References And Links:
- Dr. Jack and Mary’s Clinic
- What is GAPS?
- Learn more about Standard Process
- GAPS Recipes
- What is NUCCA?