Why You Should Listen (part 2):
If you listened to Part 1 of this series you know how important the thyroid is to the overall health and well-being of the body. Tune in to Part 2 to learn the ins and outs of some things that can go wrong with the thyroid, including hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism, their most common symptoms, and why a pill can never replace the intelligence of this fascinating organ.
What You Will Hear (part 2):
- [00:02:15] TRH and the chain of command
- [00:04:25] “Dude, where’s my thyroid?” (You won’t believe this story!)
- [00:06:40] It all begins with iodine
- [00:08:40] T3: A little bit goes a long way!
- [00:09:15] The thyroid gland—“Reusing, Reducing, Recycling” before it was a thing
- [00:13:30] What does the liver have to do with the thyroid anyway?
- [00:16:15] Thyroid hormone: micromanager extraordinaire!
- [00:18:40] Up, down, and all around: The effects of thyroid hormone
- [00:21:50] Hyperthyroidism—too much of a good thing
- [00:26:50] Hypothyroidism: a litany of symptoms from weight gain to sexual dysfunction
For more information about any of the supplements or protocols mentioned in today’s episode please call us at: (801) 523-1890
References And Links:
- Dr. Jack and Mary’s Clinic
- What is GAPS?
- The Weston A. Price Foundation
- Learn more about Standard Process
- GAPS Recipes
- What is NUCCA?
- Selene River Press