Why You Should Listen (part 2):
If you listened to Part 1 of this series you know how important the thyroid is to the overall health and well-being of the body. Tune in to Part 2 to learn the ins and outs of some things that can go wrong with the thyroid, including hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism, their most common symptoms, and why a pill can never replace the intelligence of this fascinating organ.
What You Will Hear (part 2):
- [00:02:15] TRH and the chain of command
- [00:04:25] “Dude, where’s my thyroid?” (You won’t believe this story!)
- [00:06:40] It all begins with iodine
- [00:08:40] T3: A little bit goes a long way!
- [00:09:15] The thyroid gland—“Reusing, Reducing, Recycling” before it was a thing
- [00:13:30] What does the liver have to do with the thyroid anyway?
- [00:16:15] Thyroid hormone: micromanager extraordinaire!
- [00:18:40] Up, down, and all around: The effects of thyroid hormone
- [00:21:50] Hyperthyroidism—too much of a good thing
- [00:26:50] Hypothyroidism: a litany of symptoms from weight gain to sexual dysfunction
For more information about any of the supplements or protocols mentioned in today’s episode please call us at: (801) 523-1890
References And Links:
- Dr. Jack and Mary’s Clinic
- What is GAPS?
- The Weston A. Price Foundation
- Learn more about Standard Process
- GAPS Recipes
- What is NUCCA?
- Selene River Press
2 thoughts on “27: Thyroid Part 2 – Gaining Weight, Depressed, No Energy? It’s Probably Your Thyroid”
I listen to your podcasts while at work when I need to work at a different office, they make me look foreward to those days which otherwise would not be appealing. THANK YOU!!
I have a question for you~
I often hear Mary mention that things will be available as handouts. Where can I find them? I am looking around your website but cant seem to source these reference materials. Thank you again and thank you in advance for your time and reply.
you can find EVERYTHING we’re giving away as free handouts on the website under “Our Protocols” – here is the link: https://www.forbiddendoctor.com/our-protocols/