Proteins are the building blocks of our body.
We need them to build, repair and restore anything and everything. In fact, each cell in our body is designed to build different proteins, all in correlation with our body’s needs.
Our body is designed to take a protein and tear it apart to it’s smallest ingredients, and then rebuild the proteins we need from those ingredients.
However, not all proteins were created alike.
Not all proteins have the same ingredients.
When we decide to get our proteins from a plant-based diet, we don’t provide our body all the building blocks it needs to build, repair and restore. Over time, this can be dangerous. Even life threatening.
In today’s episode Dr. Jack and Mary break down the science behind proteins, the differences between animal-based and plant-based proteins and what it means to your daily protein intake.
If you wonder what’s the best thing you can do to your body, how to boost your energy and what to do if you hate meat – this episode is for you.
What You Will Hear:
- [00:01:30] Crisis care vs long term healing
- [00:06:44] What is GAPS and how supplementation can help it’s beneficial effects
- [00:12:18] Proteins are the building blocks of everything in our body, but what are they made of and why it matters
- [00:20:10] What are “complete” proteins, and do you have enough of them in your diet?
- [00:22:03] How are animal-based proteins different from plant-based ones
- [00:30:30] Eating non-clean meat vs. eating non-organic plants
- [00:32:35] What happens to your body after being on a vegan/vegetarian diet for a long period of time
- [00:34:20] How proteins build your body
- [00:39:40] How do vegetarians and vegans fit in all this?
- [00:40:25] What to do if you have been eating plant-based proteins for a long time
- [00:44:54] Best proteins for your body
- [00:47:41] What to do if you hate meat
- For more information about any of the supplements mentioned in today’s episode please call us at: (801) 523-1890