Proteins are the building blocks of our body.
We need them to build, repair and restore anything and everything. In fact, each cell in our body is designed to build different proteins, all in correlation with our body’s needs.
Our body is designed to take a protein and tear it apart to it’s smallest ingredients, and then rebuild the proteins we need from those ingredients.
However, not all proteins were created alike.
Not all proteins have the same ingredients.
When we decide to get our proteins from a plant-based diet, we don’t provide our body all the building blocks it needs to build, repair and restore. Over time, this can be dangerous. Even life threatening.
In today’s episode Dr. Jack and Mary break down the science behind proteins, the differences between animal-based and plant-based proteins and what it means to your daily protein intake.
If you wonder what’s the best thing you can do to your body, how to boost your energy and what to do if you hate meat – this episode is for you.
What You Will Hear:
- [00:01:30] Crisis care vs long term healing
- [00:06:44] What is GAPS and how supplementation can help it’s beneficial effects
- [00:12:18] Proteins are the building blocks of everything in our body, but what are they made of and why it matters
- [00:20:10] What are “complete” proteins, and do you have enough of them in your diet?
- [00:22:03] How are animal-based proteins different from plant-based ones
- [00:30:30] Eating non-clean meat vs. eating non-organic plants
- [00:32:35] What happens to your body after being on a vegan/vegetarian diet for a long period of time
- [00:34:20] How proteins build your body
- [00:39:40] How do vegetarians and vegans fit in all this?
- [00:40:25] What to do if you have been eating plant-based proteins for a long time
- [00:44:54] Best proteins for your body
- [00:47:41] What to do if you hate meat
- For more information about any of the supplements mentioned in today’s episode please call us at: (801) 523-1890
2 thoughts on “56: Animal-Based Protein vs. Plant-Based Protein”
I really think Dr Jack is offering the public a great free service with these pod casts. So many business professionals have so much they can give to the public and still make a very good living but do not. Dr Jack is giving of himself in a very unselfish way with these pod casts. I am very happy to know Dr Jack is making a good living and is able to enjoy the comforts of the world but is willing to give back at the same time. Good job, thank you, and keep it up. I always wondered at what point is enough money enough. That answer seems to be a moving target for every business professional but few, very few give freely to the public like Dr Jack. Dr Jack is giving some back. Thank you Dr Jack. I have cancer, am working on my diet but still have some poor habits, but have followed Dr Jack for years, and appreciate what he does. I am making progress one step at a time.
Hi to you both, I enjoyed this podcast , have a GOOD weekend, Rona